We can all agree that sleep is a non-negotiable for overall health and just feeling good. There are a variety of factors in our modern day lifestyles that pose a threat to getting a good night’s sleep.
Here are few hacks to help:
- Sunlight exposure within the first few hours after waking helps reset the circadian rhythm, or rather, one’s own internal clock
- Going to bed at the same time and creating routine helps to regulate one’s circadian rhythm
- Removing sources of blue light and blue light blocking glasses help ensure the body continues to produce melatonin at night
- Alcohol consumption and excess caffeine/ caffeine in the later hours of the day can disrupt the sleep cycle and melatonin production
- Daily exercise helps to reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep
- Magnesium, specifically, Magnesium Glycinate, can help with sleep efficiency